Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Dressed in Holiday Style


After frantic weeks of preparation, hard work and determination, the doors swung wide on the Portland Art Collective Open Doors Show. Every year, in the weeks preceeding the show, I worry whether or not I have made enough to sell, whether my art will appeal to customers and will I actually be ready when the show opens its welcoming heart and lets the first customer inside. And this year, like all the others, turned out to be better than the last. We had the best customers of all this year and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your patronage and hope you were as amazed by the wide variety of handmade wares as we were!!! Thank you so very much for attending!!! We were phenomenally successful and we could not do this without all of our loyal customers!!!


And thanks to the inspiration of Sue Pelletier, whose bottle snowmen captured my eye in Cloth Paper Scissors a couple of years ago, resulting in this family of snowmen I created that flew out the door and home to their newly adopted families.

And how could I resist having my photo taken with Frosty after creating so many of his little brothers and sisters???

Sadly, it was over all too soon and in a matter of minutes, the glittery wonderland became a mundane gymnasium in the Multnomah Art Center once more. I am so lucky to be a member of this talented team of artists. I hope you will all join us again next year for our Open Door Show.

1 comment:

Cindi V. Walton said...

That looks like too much fun! And, those snowmen, I'm not surprised they disappeared so quickly! Congratulations!