Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

Plucky Maidens

Maria Raliegh of Collage and her friend, Pam Fromuth of One Gal's Trash, got together this weekend to put on Plucky Maidens Junk Fest. Who could resist checking out an event with a name as enticing as this? Visions of vintage finds danced through my head as I rushed to get from work to their event at McMenamin's Edgefield in Troutdale, OR. And the event did not disappoint my anticipation.


Dozens of booths filled with vintage goodies were scattered beneath the trees. No matter what direction you looked, there were treasures to be found and my brain filled with ideas of how each item could be used in my art or simply brought home as a sort of trophy to look at lovingly while it gathers dust (as many of my finds do while I decide what kind of art I can make with them).

Live music drifted through the air while I shopped each booth, making for a relaxed atmosphere.


The wares were displayed in groupings that begged to be photographed and preserved.






















Sonja and Diane from Collage!


The entrance to McMenamims Edgefield. Created in 1911, as a "poor farm" in Multnomah County, and now preserved as an eclectic hotel with art on each door, restuarants, a movie theater, golf course, brewery and winery and so much more! I stayed here once several years ago and fell in love with the place. What a perfect venue for vintage event!


I held on to my money...Australia is just around the corner and that's my priority for now. But never fear...The Plucky Maidens have two more events planned for November and April!! I will definitely be there!

2 comments:

Eva said...

How did you control yourself - not spending!

You're a better person than I Jan - the tempations would of got the better of me.

Eva

Dayna Collins said...

I managed to stay away from this sale, which showed pretty good restraint (although a couple of friends found things FOR me, so I ended up shopping from home anyway!).