Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

A New Old House



For ten years I have come home to a tired green house and felt tired just looking at it. I tried a dozen different color combinations, but nothing worked with the dark green shingles on the roof until I brought home this warm olive green. And twelve trim color samples later, I had this dark purple that was perfect. Then there was getting the paint on the house. A few weeks of prep work, cleaning and repairs. And finally the paint went on. This weekend and last, my son Tim, his girlfriend Sarah and I worked from dawn to dusk and while not completely done, we are almost there.


I could never have done this without their help. This was a joint enterprise that brings home to my heart the value of family and friends to see you through the tough times and celebrate the successes in your life with laughter and a shoulder to lean on. Thanks to you both!!! Here is Sarah putting on some finishing touches.



And Tim high up on the ladder painting the eaves while Sarah holds the ladder.

Oh, and the lamps....I bought these lamps to install last year. When we took the old lamps off, we realized the electrical boxes were not installed correctly and the lamps did not fit. Tim managed to invent an alternative way to install the lamps and up they went.


And of course there has to be a site foreman. She carefully supervised us from the livingroom window to make sure we did the job right and stayed on task. I came home today and it was like coming home to a brand new house. Now for the interior paint...

3 comments:

Cindi V. Walton said...

I LOVE those colors!

Eva said...

Cute house (from what little I can see/make out)- great choice of colours too! Purple ... how very royal!

Eva :-)

Dayna Collins said...

Your new house colors are yummy!