Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Walk through the Market


Sunday morning, I woke early so I could visit the Farmer's Market before I worked my shift at the gallery. After a rainy weekend, Nature blessed us with blue sky filled with billowing white clouds and mild temperatures, perfect to walk the outdoor market.
I love the the vivid colors and myriad of activity at the market. From jewelry to soap, flowers to bakery goods and the best fruits and veggies avaliable for harvest, the market is full of nooks and crannies to explore. The kids are treated to balloon animals and clowns and the wet noses of dozens of dogs of all sizes and shapes with one thing in common: a wagging tail.
And every week, someone puts a posie of flowers in this gentlemans hands who stands at the entrance to the market.
The lavender is in full bloom around the city and the local lavender festivals should begin soon (although I am holding out for the big festival in Sequim this year that will take place in July). All too soon it was time to go to open the gallery, but I left the market with fresh strawberries, red raspberries and cherries, sweet ripe and just harvested from the local farms to enjoy throughout the week.
And I could not leave you without sharing this sunset photo from the night before. This is the silver lining left behind by the departing storm that reminded me of the elaborate skies painted by Maxfield Parrish. The beauty of nature goes a long way in alleviating the stress of these times and I find myself turning to nature more and more as I brace for the upcoming changes and layoffs at work. No matter what happens in the everyday world we live in, we are always blessed with the beauty of nature.

No comments: