Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Art and Soul

I am so sad that Art and Soul in Portland is over for another year. What a wonderful retreat Glenny has created for everyone. I took classes from Jane Wynn, Robert Dancik, Daniel Essig and Donna Crispin and they were all exceptional instructors and I learned so much from all of them. But I learned a great deal from fellow attendees, as well. Who could ask for a better group of people!! It just reaffirms I made the right decision to pursue a life filled with art and creativity.

I taught three evening classes - a gourd class, a bracelet class and a needle felting class. I was blessed with wonderful students and had a great time teaching each class. Each student turned out beautiful pieces of art. Even though they used the same techniques, each piece they created was unique and wonderful and the variety amazed and delighted me. What a privilege it is to watch such creativity at work. Thank you all for taking my classes.

I am energized by all I've learn and dizzy with new ideas - now I am off to organize my garage studio and start producing jewelry using my new found skills. Hopefully, I will be able to hook up my big kiln and install an exhaust fan before winter really sets in and then I can have friends over to play with metal and clay. I will be off to Sisters, OR this weekend to take in the Harvest Faire with 200 art vendors. I have my fingers crossed it will not rain!!

2 comments:

Dreamcicle Journeys said...

It was great to see you at A&S and be in one of your classes. Goos luck in fixing up your art garage. Paula

Runner Gurl said...

I love my "homes" bracelet! Thank you for teaching us, Jan. I hope to see you next year at A&S.

: )
Gail